6 Recipes to Enjoy on St. Patrick’s Day
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
The mention of St. Patrick’s Day brings to mind images of crowded Irish bars, enthusiastic and green-clad partiers, and perhaps a leprechaun or two. But regardless of our current associations with it, St. Patrick’s Day is a time to celebrate all things Irish — particularly Irish food.
Here, we’ve created a roundup of dishes that embody some aspect of Irish-ness. From Guinness-filled recipes, like the triple chocolate cookies, to braised cabbage with apples, there is more than enough to pick and choose from. For more corned beef and cabbage recipes, plus some fun twists on traditional recipes, check out this roundup of 6 Inspired Takes on Corned Beef and Cabbage. To try something new, Cooking with Guinness can also be a fun adventure, as the beer can be used in so many ways.[slideshow:
For a calmer and less rowdy St. Patrick’s Day, try serving a combination of these recipes to a group of friends or family. Though, if the Guinness starts flowing, there is no guarantee what will happen…
Click here to see the 6 Recipes to Enjoy on St. Patrick's Day Slideshow.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts