7 Picnic-Ready Recipes for a Great Afternoon
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
We’ve finally reached the time of year fit for picnicking — spring! With summer quickly approaching, it’s only going to get warmer and you can make these picnic-ready recipes into beach-ready recipes.
Getting the menu just right is important, especially when dealing with warm weather and eating without a table and chair. When you think about lounging on a blanket in the grass or in the sand, finger-friendly foods are ideal.
Sandwiches are picnic menu musts, but why should you resort to the plain old ham and cheese sandwich routine when there are plenty of other dishes to be had?
With fresh, seasonal ingredients, hearty greens, and a crusty loaf of bread, lots of new and exciting recipes take precedence over simple deli sandwiches every time.
We’ve rounded up lighter in calories, bolder in flavor recipes from our Culinary Content Network that will make your afternoon excursion well worth it. We’ve got salads, we’ve got sandwiches, and we’ve got cookies. Hey, you need dessert, right?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts