- Food Bank Week Begins
7 Food Philosophies Only Californians Understand
Recipe of the day
1. It’s acceptable to eat a burrito for breakfast, lunch, and dinner… or for dessert… or as a midnight snack. Whenever we want one, really.
Photo Credit: Flickr/Swift Benjamin
2. An In ‘N Out burger is the Jesus of fast food burgers. And don’t you dare try to tell us your burger chain is better. Have you never heard of Animal Style?
Photo Credit: Flickr/punctuated
3. Boba tea (not Bubble Tea) is to Californians as coffee is to New Yorkers. We’re addicted. We NEED it.
Photo Credit: Instagram/theycallmeee_p
4. California avocados are superior. They just taste way better. Accept it.
Photo Credit: Flickr/Jaanus Silla
5. Sandy s’mores are something we learn to cope with at a bonfire. We pick it up and we move on.
Photo Credit: Flickr/iStock_thinkstock
6. We did frozen yogurt way before you did. And Golden Spoon is the best frozen yogurt in the world.
Photo Credit: Flickr/Katherine Lim
7. One should never eat the turkey leg at Disneyland. Nobody wants to be that guy eating a turkey leg that’s as big as a baby.
Photo Credit: Lauren Gordon
Haley Willard is The Daily Meal's assistant editor. Follow her on Twitter @haleywillrd.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts