- Todd English born (1960)
7-Eleven Adds Slurpee Lite and More News
Recipe of the day
- ‘Yes, You Are Responsible for Your Franchises,’ Labor Board Scolds Fast Food Chains
- The Vegan Seafood Tower: This. Changes. Everything.
- Why Roanoke, Virginia is an Example to Our Nation
- Subway Knew About Jared Fogle’s Creepy Exploits but Did Nothing to Stop Them, Franchisee Says
- Californians Demanding Labels for Food Products Made with Fracking Wastewater
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Pauly D Gets Liquor Deal: Rumor has it that the Jersey Shore star will soon announce a ready-to-drink cocktail, REMIX, after working with Skinnygirl Cocktails co-founder David Kanbar. Also, TMZ explains what pregaming is. [TMZ]
Obese Drivers Less Likely to Survive Car Crash: According to a new study, drivers of standard weight are 67 percent more likely to strap on a seatbelt than "morbidly obese drivers," leading scientists to urge car manufacturers to create better seatbelts for larger passengers. [The Atlantic]
Scotland Ups Minimum Alcohol Price: Scotland has set a planned minimum alcohol price to 50 pence a unit, making a bottle of wine at least $8, and four cans of beer a little less than $6. Researchers believe this new minimum will cut alcohol consumption by 5.7 percent, saving 60 lives in the first year alone. [The Guardian]
Against Sending Horses to Slaughter: The quiet change of law allowing the funding of horse slaughterhouses has got some people looking for food, while others bring up War Horse to think of companions. [NY Times]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts