6 Greek Dishes That Make Austerity Delicious
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
In light of the current economic woes taking place in Greece, it’s hard not to think about your own finances and how you can cut back on spending. To help give you a little push, we’ve compiled a list of exciting and delicious recipes that won’t require a bailout.
Greece’s cuisine has long been under the influence of surrounding areas and reflects many attributes found from places such as Rome, Turkey, and beyond. At its core, the cuisine is simple yet elegant; using basic ingredients to create robust and memorable dishes, most of which can be made at a small cost.
A delicious frittata recipe takes commonly used Greek ingredients and inserts them into a breakfast staple, while the Greek sandwich bites are an easy and affordable way to feed a crowd. To whip up something that is tasty and will last you the week, the Avgolemono soup is a traditional Greek dish that calls for readily available ingredients to create a soup that has depth and flavor. No matter what the occasion or what you’re craving, these mouthwatering Greek recipes won’t make you break the bank.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts