Philip Anema Photography
It's that time again, when all of Manhattan — and the country — goes nuts for cocktails. This year's Manhattan Cocktail Classic in May, with tickets on sale tomorrow, is sure to be an even bigger party than its previous four incarnations.
We got a tiny sneak peek at what will be happening at the Manhattan Cocktail Classic this year, and we'll say that the gala, seminars, bus tours, and every party you can imagine (late-night soirée! punch party! boozy brunch!) are well worth the money. Here's what we're excited for this year:
• A cocktail-pairing dinner hosted by Le Bernardin’s chef Eric Ripert
• An all-Brooklyn cocktail mixology class at Huckleberry Bar, with Brooklyn-made spirits and mixers
• A party in honor of Grand Central Terminal’s 100th anniversary at The Campbell Apartment, featuring turn-of-the-20th-century cocktails
• A "tiki safari" (yeah, that's right)
• Three pig roasts (what cocktails go best with a suckling pig?)
Of course, that's on top of the trade seminars for the drink industry; new topics this year include the rise of "new" vermouth, love for sherry, mezcal appreciation, and more. And we can't forget the opening gala at the New York Public Library. Get your glasses ready.