- Sylvester (Crackers) Graham born (1794)
4 Ways to Use Organic Honey in Your Beauty Regimen
At the SpaAdd organic honey to your beauty routine.
At the Spa
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
The use of honey in beauty products has been in effect since the Egyptian era. Honey has many beauty benefits for your hair and skin. In addition to acting as a natural moisturizer, honey also has antioxidant properties which can help protect against UV rays and also helps with skin rejuvenation. Recent studies also suggest that honeycontains antimicrobial agents which inhibit the growth of bacteria. The antimicrobial agent is great for acne prone skin and blemishes.
1. Honey Hair Shine Booster: Since honey acts as a natural moisturizer it makes a great conditioner that will add shine and moisture to your hair. Mix together a spoonful of honey with a quart of warm water and rinse through your hair after shampooing. Leave in your hair for an hour to get the best conditioning results.
2. Honey Firming Face Mask: This honey firming face mask will naturally firm and tone your face. This mask helps minimize pores and helps diminish signs of aging due to honey’s natural antioxidants. Whisk an egg white with a spoonful of organic honey and gently scrub onto your face. In order to get the full effect of the mask, leave on for 10 minutes and then rinse off with water.
3. Honey Skin Lotion: This is ideal for moisturizing skin with its humectant properties that moisturize and hydrate your skin. Stir a spoonful of honey with a teaspoon of organic olive oil and a dab of lemon juice. Spread onto your skin after a shower or bath or whenever your skin needs a little indulging. Rinse off with warm water after 20 minutes. If you don’t want to make your own moisturizer, many brands out there like “Burt’s Bee” and “Nivea” make affordable products with honey in them.
4. Oatmeal Milk and Honey Face Mask: This honey face mask uses other ingredients to help keep your skin clear and healthy. It uses oatmeal, organic honey and milk. This gentle mask is ideal for people with sensitive skin and acne prone skin. The oats will add moisture and hydrate your skin while acting as a great exfoliator for your skin. Organic milk is necessary because of the low amount of acidity in it and it will leave your skin radiant long after you have washed it off. It also adds hydration to your skin and soothes sunburns or irritation. This mask would not be complete without honey. The honey acts as a natural antioxidant and helps battle minor acne.
Using raw organic honey on your skin ensures that you are not using fake honey, which can contain lead and other harmful ingredients. This delicious nectar is not only great for your skin, but also does wonders for promoting healthy bacteria in your intestinal track. Pollen in local honey can also help with your allergies! Spread some honey on your favorite bread or dip a spoonful into your tea while you face mask drys. You'll be relaxed and rejuvenated for your big day and your skin will be glowing from the natural powers of honey.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts