3-Bean Chili Recipe
Daily Value: 39%
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||720µg||180%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||2g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
You won't miss the meat in this dish, and that's because it's packed with three different types of beans, corn, and bell pepper to make it extra hearty. A hint of super-dark chocolate gives it the depth it would lose from the lack of meat.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- One 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- One 6-ounce can tomato paste
- One 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can of corn, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 ounces super dark chocolate, 74 percent or higher
- 2 tablespoons chile spice blend
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of cayenne
- Salt, to taste
In a large heavy pot, sauté the onion and pepper with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the other ingredients and the water. Cover and let the chili simmer on medium low, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes.
Recipe DetailsServings: 6
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).