27 Unexpected Cocktail Hour Hors d’Oeuvres
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
If you’re looking for a way to introduce the unexpected into your wedding day—or any big event—look no further than cocktail hour. The hors d’oeuvres you serve can reflect your creativity and help set the tone for the reception.
When selecting what to serve, consider what kind of mood you’re looking to convey as well as who will be present: do you have friends who are vegetarian or vegan? What about guests who are gluten-free? Are there going to be a lot of kids there?
Serving nontraditional hors d’oeuvres also gives you more freedom in choosing serving methods (chef-staffed cooking stations? waiters?) and packaging (pre-plated? do-it-yourself?).
You might even consider eliminating your event’s sit-down dinner in favor of an evening of hors d’oeuvres. Doing so not only gives you more creative control over your menu, but can also be an economical trade.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts