How Junk Food Taxes Work and More News
Recipe of the day
- Why Do Chefs Wear Those Silly Hats?
- Students Allegedly Served 6-Year-Old Meat in School
- We Want to Know: Who Serves the Best Burger in America?
- Texas Commissioner Wants Deep Fryers in School Cafeterias Because ‘It’s About Freedom’
- People Are Angry That Whole Foods Donated Sandwiches to the National Guard in Baltimore
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Yankees' 'Craft Beer': Turns out, the "Craft Beer Destination" stand at Yankee Stadium is more of a Blue Moon, Crispin cider, big beer destination. [OPB]
McDonald's Settles Muslim Lawsuit: After a Detroit resident sued the brand for false advertising, after eating a chicken sandwich he found was not halal, the franchise owner decided to settle and avoid court. [Examiner]
John DeLucie Opening Chelsea Restaurant: DeLucie's Crown Group is reportedly in talks to open a casual Italian café in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, complete with outdoor seating. [Grub Street]
Junk Food Tax: Here's an infographic supporting the junk food tax, showing how it will affect government income and obesity. [Visual.ly]
Free Beer for Jobs: A man is offering his work ethic and a ton of free beer to anyone who will offer him a job. [New Zealand Herald]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts