- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
20 Instagram Photos That Are Actually Good
Recipe of the day
- ‘Yes, You Are Responsible for Your Franchises,’ Labor Board Scolds Fast Food Chains
- The Vegan Seafood Tower: This. Changes. Everything.
- Why Roanoke, Virginia is an Example to Our Nation
- Subway Knew About Jared Fogle’s Creepy Exploits but Did Nothing to Stop Them, Franchisee Says
- Californians Demanding Labels for Food Products Made with Fracking Wastewater
Instagram has opened a whole new world for food lovers. Now, it’s easier than ever to share gorgeous shots of your culinary adventures, and it seems that everyone is doing it. But not everyone is doing it well. The Daily Meal is here to highlight some truly noteworthy Instagram photos.
Sure, Instagram is great for snapping a photo of your awesome meal and choosing a neat filter, but some users take their Instagram artistry to the next level. When the mood to take a food photo strikes, more often than not you are in a poorly lit restaurant with a couple of drinks in your system, and what results is a blurry and poorly lit shot.
The makings of a great Instagram photo are pretty standard — thoughtful composition, great lighting, and of course, beautiful food. What’s nice about this app is that it makes photos taken using a cellphone look as good as possible, given the constraints of the camera. By taking the composition, lighting, and subject into account and then adding the filters available, users are able to achieve a styled and appealing picture, and some of the photos are downright stunning.
Of course, this collection is just a small handful of the lovely photos food gracing the Instagram-obsessed webisphere, so feel free to submit your picks for stellar Instagram photos.
Additional reporting by Jane Bruce.
Hey! We're on Instagram too, check out @thedailymeal.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts