12 Haunted Hotels That Are Home to Ghosts and Gastronomy
Recipe of the day
- Street Cart Owner Fined, Vendor Fired Over $30 Hot Dogs
- Disney's Best Restaurants Around the World
- The South's 10 Most Iconic Foods and Where to Eat Them
- The Best Small Production Vineyards in Paso Robles, California: Il Cortile
- Crystal Cruise's Worldwide Voyages Dedicated to Authentic Dining Experiences
Add ghost hunting to your fall travel itinerary by booking a stay at a haunted hotel. Far from the stuff of theme parks, each haunted hotel on our list has a storied past filled with ghost sightings sure to make your fall trip brag-worthy.
From sightings of the Lady in Red who roams The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver and giggling ghostly girls at Otesaga Resort Hotel in Cooperstown, N.Y., to a former whaling captain who wanders the halls at the Jared Coffin House in Nantucket, Mass., these haunted hotels are full of ghost stories, and they also boast spirited suppers.
To increase your chances of seeing a ghost, The Daily Meal has included which rooms are favored by these amicable apparitions so you can have the best odds of slumbering with spirits.
Lauren Mack is the Travel Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts