12 Good, Fast, and Cheap Recipes
Recipe of the day
- 5 Insanely Easy Dishes You Can Make with Store-Bought Phyllo Dough
- 11 Easy Sandwiches That Are So Good They'll Make You Want to Start Packing Your Lunch Again
- This 1 Simple Trick Will Take Your Cheese Plate to the Next Level
- If You’re Not Topping Your Toast Like This, Then You’re Doing Breakfast All Wrong
- 11 Quick and Cheap Dinner Recipes
A recent Letter From the Editor in a popular lifestyle magazine discussed how we all love things to be good, fast, and cheap, but that doesn't always happen at once. It explained how things can be good and fast, but they’re probably not cheap, or if they’re fast and cheap, they’re probably not good. As human beings, we’re constantly on the search for things that cost us little money and take very little time, but give us the same quality of return, and the letter seemed to have determined that we were doomed in this regard. Reading it makes one wonder: Can anything be good, fast, and cheap?
Recipes, when developed carefully, can oftentimes be good, fast, and cheap. Cooking doesn’t have to be some expensive, drawn-out process anymore to get exquisite and exciting results. Shopping smart, thinking simple, and using a touch of creativity can give you a beautiful dish that tastes delicious, was easy to make, and cost you little to nothing. There’s not enough room in our recipe box for the amount of these kinds of recipes that exist, but here are 12 that are creative, exciting, and unique — not to mention that they’re good, fast, and cheap.
Anne Dolce is the Cook Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @anniecdolce
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts