10 Valentine’s Day Gifts Cooler Than Candy
Recipe of the day
- General Mills, Pure Life Iced Tea, ConAgra, and More Pull Advertising From '19 Kids and Counting’
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
Valentine's Day is typical for a certain type of gifts. Flowers, jewelry and, of course, candies and chocolates are always on the table as appropriate treasures to give your loved one. But really, aren't candies and chocolates a little tired? How many years in a row can you get a box of mystery sweets? The time for a fresh take on Valentine's Day gifting is now. Toss out the idea of standard chocolates, put on your thinking caps and try out a few new ideas this year.
The first thing to do when considering a romantic food gift is to think of your recipient. Gifting for a man is very different than gifting for a woman. For guys, think manly standards. Bacon is always a winner, along with meat rubs or beer. Craft beer clubs offer monthly subscriptions. A few bucks spent and your honey will know you are thinking of him each month when a new, fresh selection of craft beers shows up on the doorstep.
Of course, if you are thinking about the ladies in your life, consider sticking with the upscale, more posh food gifts. Something like a fresh fruit bouquet is a sure fire winner. Or consider more upscale versions of classic treats. Brownies dipped in chocolate ganache are elegant and incredibly tasty.
No matter what gift you choose, be sure it reflects the personality of the recipient. The thought is always most important and will earn you major Valentine's Day points.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts