- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
10 Healthy Drinks to Start Your Day
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- The Viral Infographic Showing What a Can of Coca-Cola Does to Your Body Was Inaccurate
- Another Almond Milk Brand Is Facing a Lawsuit for Not Using Enough Almonds
- Tired of Fruitless Searching? Now You Can Order a Personalized ‘Share a Coke With…’ Bottle
- 10 Fruits to Add to Your Water That Will Totally Benefit Your Body
- This Miracle Drink Could Ensure That You Never Get a Hangover Again
I know more than a few people who will roll their eyes at me for saying this, but here goes: I am not a big fan of eating breakfast in the morning.
Spare me the "But it's the most important meal of the day!" lectures. Believe me, I know. Eating a healthy breakfast can help reduce hunger later on in the day, influence you to make healthier choices in other meals, give you more energy throughout the day, and even assist with weight management. Yet, despite having been armed with this knowledge, my daily childhood routine of drinking a glass of chocolate milk for breakfast turned into a Iced Grande Something a day habit as an adult. (OK, more like two a day now that I have the Starbucks secret menu to explore.)
The convenience of being able to pick up a quick coffee on-the-go is an easy excuse, but really, there are plenty of good, healthy drinks you can make ahead or in the morning and take with you on the way into work. Things like filling, healthful smoothies, vitamin-rich herbal teas, and fresh fruit juices (that you know are made with 100-percent juice).
Ready for a little recipe inspiration to kick your bad breakfast drink habit?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts