10 Health Benefits of Beer
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
Beer is by far one of the most widely consumed beverages by men and women around the world. Whether at parties and get-togethers, during meals, or while just relaxing, we love to crack open a cold one. But because of its high-calorie reputation, many of us might feel a little guilty when we do.
Though it may be hard to believe that a high-calorie alcoholic drink can be healthy, beer is actually a lot healthier for you than you may think. Believe it or not, there are many ways that moderate beer drinking can benefit your health.[slideshow:
You may have been chugging beer all your life, but you might not know that your favorite alcoholic drink is good for your heart or that it contains a cancer-fighting agent or even that it can make you live longer.
Considering these benefits and more, you can feel a little less guilty and a lot healthier the next time you pick up a six-pack. Click here to find out why you should be drinking beer daily.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts