- Taco Day
10 Great Winter Beers to Try
Recipe of the day
- Beer Brewed From Chickpeas Invented: Is Hummus Beer the Next Big Thing?
- Budweiser, Corona, and Blue Moon: America’s Most Popular Beers Could Soon Be All Under One Roof
- Metallica Is Making A Limited Edition Beer in Canada
- 10 Medical Reasons to Drink More Beer
- We're Halfway to St. Paddy's Day: 9 American-Irish Beers Worth Trying
It may be the perfect time of year for enjoying a comforting cup of hot chocolate or a belly-warming glass of mulled wine, but just because the temperature outside is getting icy doesn't mean you can't reach for something ice-cold to toast the season.
A velvety, fruit-forward Belgian strong ale, perhaps? Or maybe a well-balanced, sessionable wheat ale that you can enjoy all night long? (After all, the madness of the holiday season has been known to drive us to do such things.)
In the ever-creative world of craft beer, winter serves as a rich source of inspiration. Beyond the clever plays on words (Doggie Claws, Hibernation Ale) and the fun, festively decorated labels, are genuinely good brews — no gimmicks. From dark, malty numbers with notes of pine to hop-powered IPAs, here are some favorite limited editions for the holiday season.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts