The 10 Best Locavore Cities in America Right Now
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
The local food movement has taken on a life of its own in the last few years, with books like The 100-Mile Diet spurring city and country residents alike to source their food from suppliers closer to home. Restaurants have long embraced this trend, starting perhaps with the iconic Alice Waters and her Berkeley, Calif., local-food palace Chez Panisse. Today, the movement is truly national, and hot spots for local food have sprung up, often where you’d least expect them.
We here at Triposo have put our travel algorithms to work and compiled a list of the 10 best cities for farm-to-table, locally sourced restaurants according to social media reviews.
Once we had our list of the top 10 most locavore-friendly cities in America, we then looked at which restaurants in each city get the most positive reviews on social media. Check out our list below, and let us know what you think.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts