Yosemite National Park
- A hike along the Gaylor Lakes Trail offers possible encounters with some wonderful critters: the pika and the annual spring love songs of the Yosemite toad and Pacific chorus frogs. -Beth Pratt (NWF)
- Fiery red liquid tumbling down El Capitan - a breath taking spectacle! You can see this optical illusion only for 2 weeks in February. The setting sun is reflected by the granite behind the waterfall
- Yosemite is one of the largest and least fragmented habitat blocks in the Sierra Nevada. In 1855, entrepreneur James Mason Hutchings & artist Thomas Ayres were the first to tour the area.
- Be careful, speeding kills bears
- Awe inspiring
- Home to Half Dome, Sequoias, & gorgeous waterfalls, this area is unbelievable! You truly must take a day to hike and tour this national park!
- Climb Half Dome. It's pretty.
- One of the best parks in the world! Come off season to enjoy the quiet.
- The falls are beautiful
- The Ultimate Trip For The Outdoor Enthusiast!! Camping, Hiking, Rafting & Climbing!! Seeing Yosemite Falls Is UNFORGETTABLE!! It's The TALLEST & Most BEAUTIFUL Waterfall In The United States!!
- The hike on Four Mile Trail from Yosemite Valley to the top of Glacier Point takes about 3-4 hours each way. If youre looking for something a bit tougher, the Panorama Trail is about twice as long.
- Make sure to bring Dramamine if you get road sickness. This has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth.
- Make sure Tioga Pass is open before you plan your rout.
- Exploring this natural wonder in one day is tough! Get some exercise hiking, biking or through a guided tour and teach your kids to nurture nature by volunteering as a family.
- In the summer, make the effort to start your hike early! You miss the crowds & high temps later on! You'll be so glad when you're coming down and ppl are just starting! Bring more H2O than you need!!!
- Climb Half Dome!!! Long, Rough an tough but worth it!!
- Great day hikes! Bring plenty of water and a camera.
- There are 800 miles worth of hiking trails in Yosemite National Park! A national park is the ultimate fitness playground.
- If you attempt to hike the Mist Trail up to Half-Dome, invest in some of the ski pole walking sticks. I made it to the top, but about half way there I was wishing I had some of those ski poles.
- Climb Half Dome while you're here. It's a beautiful day trip. Be sure to check the weather first. Don't want to be caught in a rainstorm or cold weather.