Yet Con Restaurant
25 Purvis St.
- The chicken here is NOT overrated. It's authentic old school Hainanese style, served cold & dry without soy sauce. This serving style is very hard to find nowadays. It rocks!
- Go in the afternoons if you prefer a quiet peaceful meal. Let the marble tabletops and brown wooden chairs work its charm on you. Chicken and steamboat, simple fare but simply delicious.
- the chicken rice here is good!!
- Roast Pork is nice!
- Get menu from the uncle but order from the aunties. He's not the friendliest person around. Very Hainan.
- Absolutely average chicken rice. Not worth to come
- this place is worth visiting if you want to take a step back in time to experience Haininese cusine and Singapore dining back in the 70's
- Hainanese pork chop ftw!!
- Seafood Hor fun is bit watery as compared my last visit.
- Love e porkchop.... They cook this dish wid potatoes!!!
- gotta be the best chicken rice:) classic store looks
- Svc here sucks big tiime! Ckn is flavorful, pls order the back portion of ckn to ensure u dun get the dry parts. Porkchop is soso.
- Chicken rice here is overrated. The flesh is too dry, chilli lacks punch. Rice is fragrant but could be a bit more moist
- Authentic old school hainanese chicken rice. Good meaty chicken, great old fashioned sio bak (roast pork), good wet-style fu-yong hai and ang sio tau hu, excellent fish maw. But a bit pricey.
- AWFUL. My first time here. Let's start with the good. The rice grains are separate from each other. The roasted pork has a crispy skin. The chicken has good flavour.
- Personal opinion - didn't think the chicken nor the rice is any great
- Old school hainanese chicken rice where most of the flavour is from the chicken skin. Also serves hot pot and zhi char dishes.
- Was good. But now only average. Service got terribly worse. If u are unwilling to serve, take a rest or quit. Not expecting excellent service, but a little manners & politeness won't hurt either.
- Good Hainanese Chicken Rice here. Old style but nice