The Yards Park
10 Water St SE (at 3rd St SE)
Washington, DC 20003
- Free concerts every Friday May 4th-Sept 14, 6:30 to 8:30pm. Food/drink available for purchase or bring a picnic. Best way to start the weekend!
- Make sure to walk behind the ridiculously awesome waterfall. Also chill on the boardwalk next to the Anacostia and revel in the fact that there's finally a waterfront park in DC worth going to.
- The only wadding pool around for both children and adults alike. This is the perfect park to enjoy a picnic and dip your toe into the fountain for a chance to cool off on a hot summer day.
- Friday night summer concerts are a blast. Free, on the waterfront and just plain beautiful views make this a must destination during the DC summer months.
- Check out the Yards Park concert series every Friday from 6:30 to 8:30 in the summer. Live music, food trucks, beer from Churchkey, hanging by the water. Can't go wrong!
- This place is the greatest!
- Lay down on the wooden lounge chairs in the garden.
- Wonderful place to have a picnic. Bathrooms, really well landscaped, safe and a great view!
- If you're here at 8 am, you can hear the Star Spangled Banner play from the Navy Yard.
- kids love playing in the water fountains!
- Friday summer concerts in the park are a great way to start the weekend! And it's BYOB!!!
- Free concerts every Friday are a great way to start a summer weekend.
- Free yoga class at 7pm on Wednesdays by the lighthouse!
- Splash fountain, huge wading pool, sloped benches and boulders to climb: what's not to like for kids. Food, beer, and live music on Friday nights in the summer.
- free concert and a beer garden on summer Friday nights
- Lovely spot to walk, run, or roll near Nationals Park. Great waterfront location, and so so so many places to grab a bite or drink. Bluejacket and Osteria Morini are some favorites.
- Great fun to just chill on a warm day!
- Such a great waterfront spot! Cant wait to come back in the summer.
- Bars, food, music, scenery