World Famous Beale Street
Historic Site, Music Venue, Entertainment
Beale St (Between Main & 4th)
Memphis, TN 38103
- Have a big ass beer when on Beale Street.
- Lined with bars and clubs where Memphis music legends often played, Beale St. was officially declared the Home of the Blues by an act of Congress in 1977. (From Aerial America)
- Watch out 4 them "money hungry women"!!!.... They b takin over tha street!.... Lol
- The heartbeat of Memphis' nightlife! Definitely recommend B.B. Kings Restaurant & Blues Club for great music and excellent food. Every bar has live music, so grab a drink and enjoy a stroll.
- try "getacab" on wet willys
- Alfreds 4karaoke/good balcony seats. SilkyOSullivans 4 dueling pianos, WetWillies for frozen drinks, 152 4 dancing, BlueCityCafe 4 BBQ, KingsPalace for ambience, RiverfrontLoopTrolley 4 sightseeing
- WC Handy had been performing on Beale Street when he penned "Memphis Blues." It was the first published (in 1912) Blues song of the soon to be popular genre.
- Beale Street is an awesome place to hang out from time to time. Great bars and great environment. Def a must do.
- Must visit Silkys and purple haze
- Watch the Beale street flippers
- 2012 International Blues Challenge competition will be held Jan 31 - Feb 4 in the Beale Street entertainment district. Blues artists and bands from across the globe compete for prizes, cash and more.
- Get wasted and stumble back to the westin
- Love the oldschool neon...walking in Memphis :-)
- If you want to be harrassed by black thugs then saturday night is your night.
- Wednesday is bike night. An experience to set the least!
- There is nothing like a warm Saturday night on Beale!
- Such a great place to get away an have fun
- Every Wednesday during the summer period is Biker Night!! Dozens of various bikes.. So very cool!!!
- History, museums, food, sightseeings? Yes! Live blues music? No! Go somewhere else!
- It smells like garbage water and shame.