World Chess Hall of Fame
4652 Maryland Ave
St Louis, MO 63108
- The King piece at the World Chess Hall of Fame measures over 14 feet tall with a 6 foot diameter base. Certified as the world's largest chess piece by Guinness on April 24, 2012. Checkmate.
- A ver large chess piece!
- Definitely not your usual "Hall of Fame" or "museum" experience, to say the least. But an interesting place nonetheless. Check it out, fellow STLers.
- I love this place. Not only do they have a great little store Q Bout!que & Queen with In exhibit but also chess. Lets used our brains! This is a must do in CWE
- Amazing exhibits, and a pretty awesome gift shop as well!
- Free and super interesting! The special exhibit at the time was M.C. Escher and the third floor is all world/US chess!
- Very cool! ESPECIALLY THE BOOK SELECTION
- Great Alexander McQueen exhibit.
- Central West End Window Walk Decoration
- Great exhibits for anyone who likes art, history or chess. Family friendly. Great boutique gift shop featuring locally crafted jewelry and unique gifts.