World Cafe Live
Music Venue, Restaurant, Bar
3025 Walnut St (at 31st St)
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Finally, a music venue actually designed to be a music venue, with superior sightlines and a sound system producing faithful sound, plus colorful industrial-chic dcor. The namesake cafs upstairs
- Every Monday night Upstairs, Boy Wonder (a.k.a. Andre Coles) hosts Philly Rising, an open stage and progressive talent competition. Signups are at 6:30 p.m., performances at 7 pm.
- During the week from 5 to 7pm. 'Live after 5' includes $2 & $3 beers, $4 house wine, $5 cocktails and $3 food menu.
- Great happy hour!
- most artists come and hang out after the show if you're patient!
- While upstairs is nice, you don't really know the place until you catch a show downstairs.
- Cozy venue, good sound, accessible
- They have great open mic nights and spoken word poetry. Make sure to check their calendar to find out when theyre happening! Andy Grammer
- Ending off our tour here on June 26!! Come out to see our last show before we head back home!!
- On April 12, celebrate all that is delicious & liver-quenching about French food & drink as it will be home to an epic 5-course dinner as part of the Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts.
- Eggplant fries are fantastic. Served with horseradish sauce
- Fish tacos are to DIE for!
- Skip the cheesesteaks in South Philly. This intimate venue offers great views from everywhere, including the bar area. While you're there, grab a pint and an entree. Reasonably priced and delicious.
- Check out The Parlotones live on May 30! Get your tickets here: http://tickets.worldcafelive.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=4035
- You must come and catch a show the experience is Ahmazing!!
- No better place to have lunch on a "day off" Friday. Crystal clear sound, excellent service & food, great talent on stage, & notable waitstaff. How glorious to be in Philadelphia on a day like this!
- Bathrooms are easily accessible if you have to make a cross river pit stop
- Came btween lunch and dinner to an empty restaurant and waited for nearly 10 minutes , were never greeted, so we left. Bad taste.
- Upstairs Live offers an intimate caf on the Walnut Street level, seating approximately 100 and featuring live radio broadcasts and performance seven days a week.
- Ike !