Note: PLEASE USE GOOD BREAD. Seriously, the bread makes the tartine. I like a good French sourdough, also known as “pain de campagne.” No Wonderbread.
1. Nutella and strawberries.
2. Scrambled eggs, asparagus and parmesan. This one is particularly appropriate now because asparagus is in season.
3. Crème fraiche, smoked salmon, capers and shaved red onion.
4. Mashed avocado, salt and lemon.
5. Roasted chicken, mayonnaise, artichoke hearts and arugula.
6. Fig, ricotta and honey.
7. French ham, mustard and cornichons.
8. Tomato, mozzarella, basil and olive oil.
So ditch the sandwich and add some class with a French tartine.
Check out more good stuff from Spoon University here: