William Randolph Hearst Greek Theatre
Amphitheater, Music Venue, Theater
- Although the Greek Theater opened in 1903, it had been a favorite outdoor spot since 1894. The name? Ben Weed's Amphitheater.
- This is by far one of the sexiest places to see a show in the Bay Area. The sound, lighting and crowd make it all a very enjoyable and intimate experience.
- Don't wear heels to the greek theatre!
- Arrive early, bring something soft to sit on. This is more important than you would imagine.
- Come an hour early for good seats. Parking is horrendous.
- Parking close is only available if you're super early.
- Always bring a cushion! The concrete benches are hard!
- A premier outdoor concert venue that seats nearly 5000. Don't forget to bring your sweater, it can get quite chilly by the end of the night.
- Awesome outdoor concert venue on the UC Berkeley campus!
- slight audience-left of the soundboard & a few steps up - best sound/view of the greek imho...
- One of my favorite places to see a concert. Sunset views of the Golden Gate, excellent sound.
- If you have lawn tickets, don't bring blankets with a plastic back, they'll just slide off!
- The lawn is more comfy than the concrete seats. And you get an awesome view.
- Show up early if you're hoping to get a centrally located seat. Bring a jacket and something soft to sit on, the concrete hurts your butt after a while.
- Bring a blanket to sit on since it's all outside and concrete. Hands down the best music venue I've been to in the Bay Area. Beautiful setup, great acoustics, and performers can see the entire crowd.
- Come early to try and snag one of the stone thrones, and feel like a greek god/goddess
- Take BART.Bring grub,a blanket, jacket, and seat cushions. Beers on tap are at View Cafe at the top of the lawn. Don't be the Ahole taking up two seats by sitting with ur back against the seat behind
- Wear flat shoes!!
- not a good place to check out EDM shows. their sound system is woefully inadequate. great visibility of the stage from almost anywhere in the venue though.
- Problem: sore butt and chilly outdoor ocean air. Solution: Dancing.