Whisky a Go Go
Music Venue, Bar, Rock Club
8901 W Sunset Blvd (at Clark St.)
West Hollywood, CA 90069
- Of all the Sunset Strip clubs, this place has the longest history & most impressive roster of legendary musicians who've played there. Great sound system and most nights are all ages! 50 years today!
- Is there a more legendary Rock 'n' Roll venue in the United States than the Whisky A-Go-Go? No - there is not. Since 1964, the Whisky has been the gold standard for rock action.
- The Doors became the house band here for a week in 1966 where they were discovered by Jac Holzman for Elektra records. Among others, The Doors played with Them, Captain Beefheart, Van Morrison & more!
- The Doors were the house band here in 1966, until Jim's famous performance of the "Oedipal section" at the end of "The End" got them fired.
- Don't do lines of cocaine on the toilet seats here unless you want to get crabs up your nose
- The Doors also opened for Van Morrison at the Whiskey during his two week residency in June of 1966.
- You really can't go to L.A. without checking this place out! Check out their site http://www.whiskyago for cool merch!
- 8 dollars for a beer. Ill stay in the valley.
- Concert Nation
- Dude, it's the fn Whisky
- If you're playing make sure to park in the lot directly behind The Whisky. It's $20 but they'll let you move the car to load and then repark and most lots won't.
- Became the principal hangout of Sunset Strip musicians & hipsters in the 1960s. Led Zeppelin & Alice Cooper performed here in Jan 1969; then-unknown Led Zeppelin were on their first American tour.
- The Doors were the houseband here in 1966 and Motley Crue got their launch here. If you're with a group - try to get a table in the balcony.
- The intimacy of the venue. The history. Reasonably priced drinks.
- Not just whiskey (as the name implies), but plenty of other adventurous liquors, like Becherovka, sweep you off your feet as the live music gives the night a whole new beat.
- I can't say much for this place besides what I've gotten on hearsay- I, and my band, were banned from performing at this establishment for life. It's too bad, but it happens to the best of us.
- The Doors were the house band for Whisky A-Go-Go from May 23, 1966 to May 27, 1967, opening for acts such as Them, featuring Van Morrison, Buffalo Springfield, Love, and more.
- The Doors where the house band for Whisky A-Go-Go from May 23, 1966 to May 27, 1967, opening for acts such as Them, featuring Van Morrison, Buffalo Springfield, Love, and more.
- gets smaller everytime i come to this spot. bring back pitting, even hardcore dancing to this venue!
- There is a parking structure in front of Roxy/Rainbow/Key Club. They charge $8-$10. Best place to park if you are planning to go bar hopping!