The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
Hotel, Event Space
- The polished marble floors in the lobby are great for roller blading. Put on some purple bike shorts and blade like you own the place. Tell the front desk you're a Starwood preferred guest.
- Don't valet park unless you're willing to wait a while.
- Can you believe the hotel looked like this? Opened in 1924, the Book Cadillac closed in '84 & fell into disrepair before reopening in 2008. http://www.historicdetroit.org/building/book-cadillac-hotel/
- The "Heavenly Bed" label is no joke. Easy to oversleep!
- Dave at the bar = the man. Chicken tacos are the best menu item. Corner rooms are bigger. Club lounge closes at 7pm, usually a few minutes before.
- Be prepared to have your mind blown by the dual showerheads. Also, this place has history. Look into it if you have time.
- the Heavenly shower heads are truly heavenly!
- Great experience! Bed linens & towels were wonderful. Shower heads were awesome. Hot water was there as soon as you turned on the faucet. Staff was very attentive! Can't think of one bad experience
- Great hotel. The rooms are big and nice, the beds are great. You can usually get a deal in Priceline but even if you pay full price it's worth it. Try Roast restaurant too.
- Got to check out the Motor Bar - Dave the bartender is great for a chat while you catch up on work (free wifi) and their bar food menu is awesome!
- Great hotel. Rooms are spacious, comfortable, and very well appointed. Service is impeccable- From check-in to breakfast. Breakfast service is quick (perfect if you're rushed!); lots of menu options.
- Great bed, great linens and great shower.
- The champagne bar at 24Grille here is adorable & sexy. Roast's Happy Hour is hot too. Hear bike racks are coming soon...glad they're starting to make it feel less-uber-fancy...
- Great hotel but not film friendly. The bellmen were the rudest I have experienced
- Zillow Summit here tomorrow, come join us!
- Love the historic building.
- I love the white tea scented lotion, which you can buy online or at the hotels.
- Plan ahead to wait for the valet service. The guys are very friendly and quickly know you by face and name. However, the process still takes a while.
- Lovely hotel. Nice large rooms...
- The entire staff is courteous and professional. The rooms are great and the shower is fantastic...