Park, Baseball Field
2333 W Sunnyside Ave (at Claremont Ave)
Chicago, IL 60625
- Great for all different athletes, over 15 acres! Park has a fitness center, indoor swimming pool for the public along with various types of sports fields which can be enjoyed all year round.
- watch your child make friends while you sip a Meinl beverage.
- A great space for my little one to play. Make sure to stop by Crepes in the Park and get some fresh lemonade and a snack!
- Taqueria El Asadero best guacamole in the city
- On Saturday evenings you can see the older gentlemen playing bocce ball. Very competitive!
- Try the indoor swiming pool for lap swim or family swim - it's FREE!
- The gazebo is very ornate, but if you can't get a seat there, you'll be eating your picnic in the mud.
- The city just rebuilt the tennis courts.
- Shakespeare in the Park :)
- Nice park to take photos at.
- Great path for jogging laps or lots of space for picnicing. Best park in the area!
- Every sport known to man is played at Welles Park. Stop by in the summer sometime and test my theory.
- The old playground has tons of swings and is usually deserted.
- Watch kids play baseball. So much fun!
- Bring your shoes; they have horseshoe pits!
- Great lifeguards
- Lincoln Square parents hot spot. Be there or be square.
- I have heard this is the field house where the Harlem Globetrotters were formed.
- Bring some lawn chairs and hang out in the gazebo
- WPPA youth baseball!