Weekly Media Mix: Domino's Looks to Space; The Spare Rib Robber Strikes Again; and Willie Nelson Teams Up with Chipotle
The Daily Byte's Weekly Media Mix rounds up the week's big food stories.
• The FDA is introducing stricter regulations on gluten-free products to combat manufacturers attempting to cash in on the popularity of wheat-free dieting. [CBS]
• Willie Nelson teamed up with Chipotle's non-profit foundation and recorded a cover of Coldplay's "The Scientist" for a new promotion. [NY Daily]
• The Japanese arm of Domino's Pizza has proposed a plan to build a restaurant on the moon. The estimated costs for their plan amount to more than $21 billion. [Telegraph]
Shame of the Week
• A Pennsylvania man was charged this week for attempting to steal an order of spare ribs by shoving them down his pants — this is his second time being charged with this offense. [HuffPo]
• Do you consider yourself a sushi lover? Watch this chef make a roll the size of your head and then ask yourself again. [Eater]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.