Every Friday, The Daily Byte's Weekly Media Mix rounds up some of the week's big food stories.
• The Humane Society and United Egg Producers are partnering in support of passing the first ever federal regulations for the treatment of farmed animals. [HuffPo]
• House Republicans are resisting the Obama administration's attempts to curb junk food advertising aimed at children. [USA]
• Pat and Gina Neely are teaming up with Chopped champion Wade Burch to open Neely's Barbecue Parlor in Manhattan next Wednesday. [GS]
• Sam Sifton awards two stars to Andrew Carmellini's The Dutch. [NYT]
• Jonathan Gold pinpoints the ten worst food trends of 2011, in his opinion. [Sunset]
Shame of the Week
• Mexican pop sensations Jesse & Joy's new stop-motion music video is made entirely of cookies. [Vimeo]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.