Washington Park Arboretum
- With its lush green spaces, its breathtaking Japanese Garden and its abundance of rare trees, plants and flowers (more than 40,000 species), it is one of the brightest jewels in the Emerald City.
- The trails are gorgeous. Awesome way to escape the city
- The Washington Park Arboretum is the place to be this week with the azaleas in full bloom on Azalea Way.
- Enjoy seasonal color and lush foliage at no cost! For a $6 fee, you can visit the separately-operated Japanese garden. Cost of admission includes a public tour on select days.
- Stop at the Visitor Center to pick up a Family Adventure Pack stocked with field guides, scavenger hunts, magnifying lenses, and activity ideas for kids in grades K-6.Powered by ParentsConnect.com
- Bring a friend, the dog, a camera and enjoy the verdant surrounding. Weekdays are definitely less crowded or just go early on weekend before 11!
- Beautiful in spring when the trees are in bloom
- We dare you to take a picture of the largest Japanese maple tree you can find, follow that up by dipping your hand in the spring at Marsh and Foster Islands.
- Don't miss the beautiful trail of bridges on the water from the arboretum to montlake.
- We got married here. Every season is beautiful, but fall is unbelievable. Also, there are a variety of mushrooms after a fall rain
- Don't forget to make time to stop by the Japanese Gardens while at the arboretum.
- Reduce stress as you stroll through this beautiful city park.
- Wildlife watch for American Robin (Turdus migratorius)
- Wander under 520 for a fun perspective
- Go to the Arboretum and check out the pond at the northmost point of the park. Great for photos of ducks.
- Your dog would enjoy a walk here right now.
- Theres something mysterious and beautiful walking these grounds in the mist or rain of Seattle.
- Use the TreeWalk Seattle app for an immersive interpretive experience http://treewalk.rublinetsky.com/
- Simply Beautiful!
- Don't go here expecting a hike. More like a large garden or city park. Great for a picnic.