War Memorial Opera House
Opera House, Concert Hall
- Did you know that the San Francisco War Memorial Opera House is where the United Nations held its first meeting in the spring of 1945?
- stop by the bar before the performance + pre-order your drinks for intermission. when you come out they'll be waiting for you - no need to stand in line.
- BART + opera is a great combination. Skip traffic and parking hassles - Civic Center BART Station is just three blocks away.
- Spot a wig! Sometimes it can take weeks to complete just one wig. Learn about the Wig Master of the world-renowned San Francisco Opera from our Driven: True Stories of Inspiration video series, here:
- Madama Butterfly!
- Pre-order drinks for intermission.
- What a beautiful venue the old opera house is outstanding architecture, wonderful acoustics, downfall if you are a tall or larger person the seats are very narrow and the leg room in nonexistent
- Join Bravo Club #worthit
- Lily Rogers is the shining star of this company.
- SF Ballet's Nutcracker is a must-see for all ages. Snow-like sud machines + Christmas carolers + graceful little girls in big dresses w/even bigger grins + brilliant artists on stage = Priceless.
- See the ballet here!
- Verdi's Falstaff was a much needed musical and fun performance after the dark and brooding Delores Claiborne last week.
- Don't feel like you need to be dressed up to go to the opera! Folks wear everything from formal gowns to jeans and it's all good.
- Join the SF Opera's fun young professional's group- The BRAVO! Club @sfobravoclub or www.sfopera.com/bravo
- The SF Ballet is one of the best professional companies in the world. Go to a performance!
- Stop geeking out and pay attention to the performance!
- This venue melts my heart. Have seen various ballets and operas here and have always enjoyed the experience. Last night's nutcracker was magical!
- No Nutcracker hot cocoa for the kids. Hayes Valley cafe aprs performance is your best bet. The prosecco carts for the adults was a nice touch.
- Have dinner downstairs. Make friends with wait staff!
- Gorgeous building! Love the orange lights for the Giants!