Walt Disney Concert Hall
Concert Hall, Landmark, Performing Arts
- Home to the Los Angeles Philharmonic, this 3.6-acre complex designed by architect Frank Gehry was initially funded by Lillian Disney, widow of Walt Disney
- More than just an architectural marvel! Designed by Yasuhisa Toyota, the sound in the main room is perfectly pristine! The multilevel downtown complex includes a bookstore, a cafe & several bars.
- Look for the "Rose for Lilly" designed by Gehry as a tribute to Lillian Disney, knowing that she loved Royal Deft porcelain. More than 200 vases and 8,000 tiles were used for the fountain.
- see the la philharmonic
- See Gustavo Dudamel conduct the Los Angeles Philharmonic at this stainless steel landmark, designed by Frank Gehry.
- Enjoy the L.A. Phil? You can also listen to their performances on KUSC-FM.
- Find your way behind the hall to make a wish and toss a coin into "A Rose for Lilly" - the rose-shaped fountain made from Royal Delft Porcelain. For more DTLA parks, see "More info"!
- Walk up the stairs at Grand & 2nd and take a stroll through the garden...it's a little oasis in the middle of the city.
- take the stairs to the top, and take in a panoramic view of DTLA.
- As if the fact that Frank Gehry designed this architectural wonder wasnt enough, Disney Hall also enjoys musical direction by one of the most compelling conductors in the world: Gustavo Dudamel.
- Designed by Frank Gehry, the Walt Disney Concert Hall is an architectural masterpiece and one of the most recognizable landmarks in Los Angeles. Stop by the gardens for amazing views of Downtown LA.
- Observe the unique typography used around the building. This typeface, "A Font Called Frank" (named after Frank Gehry, the architect) was designed for Walt Disney Concert Hall by Bruce Mau Design.
- Every seat in the house.
- Season passes are the way to go. Fantastic acoustics and a world class orchestra with the redoubtable Gustavo Dudamel conducting-the entire season is a joy.
- The garden on the 3rd floor is beautiful! Make sure to check out the beautiful mosaic rose fountain.
- Free parking for juror, scan your jury summon at the gate. Free to go in and out anytime.
- On Halloween night, experience the 1925 silent film version of The Phantom of the Opera, projected at Walt Disney Concert Hall with live organ accompaniment by Clark Wilson.
- At night, the home of the L.A. Philharmonic and the L.A. Master Chorale has unbeatable views of the skyline from the roof.
- check out Gehry's masterpiece Disney Hall (@laphil). Go @metrolosangeles 2 Civic Cntr & walk 2 blocks west
- Los Angeles Food and Wine is mouth watering in every sense. Come out and see for yourself.