Wai‘ānapanapa State Park (Waianapanapa State Park)
State / Provincial Park, Beach, Campground
- This is a pretty treacherous spot to swim at. Best to enjoy the beach and caves instead. Also, take a stroll to the freshwater caves and learn of the legend of princess Popoalaea.
- Beautiful black sand beach with clear ocean blue water.
- The black sand and white surf make for some amazing pictures.
- Take a refreshing swim in the cave!
- This place is gorgeous! If you ever get the chance, go here! =)
- Friday and saturday nights check out the local pizza joint at mile marker 31 (turn right, a mile down the road)
- Get your license to camp beforehand and stock up on gear or get a cabin.
- With the black sand beach, you'll definitely want to come here. But the cave will disappoint unless you're up for going deep in (bring a flashlight!).
- So crowded! Escape the crowd and take a walk north for cool views and waves.
- Visit the black sand beach, adjacent lava tube & swimming cave (behind parking lot). Hike on the trail to the north of the beach for great views & crashing waves.
- A definite must-see if you're on Maui. Best hike ever if you start at the airport and hike all the way to the black sand beach. You can even keep going and make it past Hana Bay! Best views!
- Take a freezing dip in the pools, or go swim at a black sand beach.
- Awesome place to visit.
- Have seen prettier beaches both in the US and other countries. This was somewhat a letdown.
- Track to Lava cave pools was closed
- Some of the best pictures to take on the road to Hana.
- Its just wonderful; you cant really swim since its rocky and its f there a swell then forget it. But the spot& the air breeze worth the visit.
- Black sand beach, lava tunnel & blow hole!
- Check out the black sand beach and peek into the lava tube.
- Black. Sand. Yes people, that is sand that is BLACK!