Village Green (at Mt. Desert & Main St)
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
- From June through October ride the Island Explorer bus lines for free.
- Great spot to eat Landrees ice cream, just across the mt desert street.
- Catch the Island Explorer buses here. While you wait check out the local shops all around the park. Purchase a park pass at office nearby (North side across Firefly lane).
- The frequently have craft/ art fairs here that showcase and sell work from locals. Does have the views of the Harbor like the other park down main does but a good place to stop and take a break.
- Come for the craft fair on saturday afternoons
- Catch the Islanders for free travel around the island
- Put a blanket down, enjoy the view of the bay and the mountains and for those who cannot disconnect from the internet there is FREE Wifi
- A great place to enjoy a bit of nature and a small town charm with its historic homes and beautiful architecture and landscape
- Every Monday and Thursday evening from 8:00 PM - 9:00PM, the Bar Harbor Town Band performs free concerts in the Village Green from July through mid August
- Prior to the Village Green, the site was the location of the Grand Central Hotel built in 1873 and demolished by the City in 1899
- American Planning Association named the Village Green a 2012 Great Places in America: Public Spaces