Like many chefs, ICE alum Jennifer Tafuri didn't start out in the culinary industry. After graduating college with a degree in anthropology and starting a career in hospital administration, Jen knew something just wasn't right.
Since graduating from the ICE Pastry & Baking Arts program in 2011, Jen has worked for Top Chef winner Harold Dieterle at The Marrow and, in 2014, was hired as the pastry chef at Rotisserie Georgette in NYC.
Watching Jen craft her signature tarte tatin, there's no doubt that she's finally found her sweet spot: "Life is short. If you're not happy where you are, and you have a passion elsewhere—go for it!"
Click here to learn more about ICE’s flexible scheduling options for career changers.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them