The Vic Theatre
Music Venue, Movie Theater, Concert Hall
3145 N Sheffield Ave (btwn W Fletcher St & W Belmont Ave)
Chicago, IL 60657
- Old, pretty and a little weird... Meaning this place is awesome. $5 to see all three movies in a night, ok beer on tap, and you can bring in outside food.
- Love going to concerts here. You can walk up to the front, place your beer on the stage and dance the night away.
- Popcorn is stale and awful. Don't waste your cash on it.
- If you are a short person like me, head upstairs for a seat and a better view. If there isn't a show, check out Brew and View. Cheap beer, cheaper movies, and one of the cheapest date ideas around.
- No matter how crowded it gets, there's always a pocket of space near the ramps that lead down onto the front-of-stage floor. Try it, you'll like it!
- Whether its seeing a concert, or enjoyin the Brew & View, The Vic is my favorite theater in Chi-town.
- Hang by the lighting booth. Perfect sight lines, room to move, near the bar and near the sound guy for best results.
- One of the best venues in town- you either get great shows or the brew and view! Yay!
- Wait by the alley for an hour or two & you will be able to meet, take pictures w/ & get autographs from the performers you just saw.
- Some of the bars accept credit cards, but they place a $100 hold on your account, so watch out if you're lowish on funds.
- Ok, so Brew & View / Vic Theatre is not yet a Central Lakeview Merchants member.....but 3 movies for $5 and 2 fully-stocked bars = Big Fun!!
- Don't bother driving to concerts here because a CTA line is literally a block away! You in for an awesome concert, so get your ears ready!
- Awesome theater. Managed by assholes.
- Pre Phantogram crowd!
- This place is a dangerous, disgusting dump.
- Total hotties live here. One makes kraut. Yum!
- This place is friendly to everyone except emo slackers who don't have their shit together and, well, FUCK them!! Ya know??
- This is also where you can obtain a ticket for an event at the Aragon without paying a 'convenience' surcharge. Cash only!
- Saw "Five for Fighting" last night at the The Vic. Great venue. Watch out, they give you bottle water with no cap! (silly)
- This place RULES. 2nd home to Steinberg