Vasquez Rocks Park
- Vasquez Rocks is a county park in Agua Dulce, California, 30 miles north of LA. The area has been used in the filming of numerous Star Trek productions, including at least 8 TV episodes & 2 movies.
- Its most famous appearances include TV's Star Trek, Blazing Saddles, Bill & Teds Bogus Adventure, Short Circuit and as the modern Stone Age family community of Bedrock in 1994's The Flintstones.
- Where Kirk fought the Gorn - brilliant!
- One of my favorite hikes in Northern L.A. Country. During the week if there is no filming in progress you can sometimes have it all to yourself. Limited cell coverage- which is nice! SUNSCREEN!
- Fantastic views, interesting history, great nature!
- Short trip from LA when there is no traffic. Fantastic rocks to climb and hike around. Bring a picnic and a camera.
- Many classic Western and Sci-Fi movies filmed here. Come reenact your favorite scene!
- Bring water. No facilities within the park. There are port o potties in the main lot and the car dead end.
- The Flintstones was filmed here.
- If you have kids that like to climb this is a great place to explore!
- Great place to take a hike?
- I love hiking here.
- Fun place to hike with the dogs. Parking is convenient, too.
- Small park with breathtaking views
- i love this place
- A great place to take the kids and a must for trail runners! Pacific Crest Trail is a MUST!!
- Classic textbook geology
- Si quieren algo diferente y bonito vengan aqui!!! Y es gatis!!!!
- Great place for hiking, trial is not too steep. One of my favorite places to go.
- So close to LA, free entry, and amazing rocks. What more do you want?