Guaranteed Rate Field
- The Chicago White Sox abandoned their longtime home at Comiskey Park for this new facility in 1991. The White Sox won the 2005 World Series, the first two games of which were played here.
- U.S. Cellular Field opened on April 18, 1991, across the street from old White Sox Park / Comiskey Park, which was built in 1910.
- There are 2 blue seats left here, both from Game 2 of the 05 World Series. In left, the spot of Paul Konerkos 7th-inning grand slam. In right-center, the mark of Scott Podsedniks walk-off homer.
- "Although there's no conclusive proof, I think holding your head next to US Cellular Field for prolonged periods of time is a bad idea." - Conan O'Brien
- Tourists go to Wrigley. Chicagoans go the South Side. Get a Polish with grilled onions and enjoy Chicago's real baseball team!
- Watch the game, it's good.
- Watch the White Sox and Cubs play each other.
- Want to feel like Carlton Fisk for an afternoon? Before you enter the park, step up to the plate in the parking lot outside of U.S. Cellular where the home plate from Comiskey Park was located.
- Don't bother, the Sox suck
- In "My Best Friend's Wedding" (1997), Julianne (Julia Robert) character goes to a White Sox Game with her best friend Michael (Dermot Mulroney) because his fiance's father owns the team.
- The retired uniform numbers of seven players are displayed at U.S. Cellular Field: Luke Appling, Nellie Fox, Minnie Minoso, Luis Aparicio, Ted Lyons, Billy Pierce and Carlton Fisk.
- The White Sox may be the only team in the league that's had to wear shorts as a part of their uniform: owner Bill Veeck introduced the shorts in 1976.
- If its your first trip to U.S. Cellular Field, stop by any Guest Relations Booth and pick up a complimentary certificate commemorating your first game.
- Watch the WhiteSox dominate
- These Sox Fans really know how to party. Do not leave without a Comiskey Dog. It's legend-ary.
- GO WHITE SOX
- Bring your favorite little fan to the Comcast Fundamentals Deck accessible from the 100, 300 & 500 levels! There theyll learn the fundamentals of baseball from White Sox Training Academy coaches!
- Dont forget to use MLB.com At Bat on your Android, iPhone, iPad or iPod, BlackBerry or Windows 7 device to follow all the action on the field and around the league while you are at the park.
- July 12, 1979 was Disco Demolition Night in Comisky / Sox Park. DJ Steve Dahl detonated disco records, but the promotional event, caused a riot when fans stormed the field.
- Welcome to U.S. Cellular Field! Check in using MLB.com At the Ballpark to unlock special offers and explore the stadium right from your phone.