Union Square Cafe
$ $ $
We are moving to 19th Street and Park Ave South in spring 2016!
, New York
- Don't hesitate--indulge in every course. You really don't want to miss a thing. Lunchtime? Get the tuna burger.
- Get Union Square Cafe's newly launched creme brle scone, forget the Cronuts.
- Try the Mashed Yellow Turnips with Crispy Shallots! It's made with local Greenmarket vegetables. Later, try the delish recipe at home.
- Recommended dishes: Heirloom tomato salad, lasagna Bolognese, capellini with flaked cod, pan-roasted chicken, grilled lamb chops, hamburger (lunch), chocolate chip bread pudding, cookie assortment.
- The half-bottle of Krug for $64 is a real bargain (the BevMo pro is $95). The lemon infused vodka and inspired cocktail menu make brunch here a real win!
- Skip the reservations needed months in advance and pull up to the bar at USC, where the staff is warm+knowledgable about Danny Meyer's excellent food and wine. Fellow diners and environs are friendly.
- At this much-loved American eatery, the eclectic paintings, drawings, and collages assembled over many years are favorites of superstar restaurateur Danny Meyer.
- Butter whipped mashed potatoes (had them in a previous life - they're better than ice cream)
- Consistently delicious - come for lunch (amazing chicken milanese) or for dinner, where you must get the heirloom tomato salad, followed by the gnocchi. Menu changes daily based on what's in season!
- The chicken milanesa here is like none other. The chicken cutlet so delicately crumbed and perfectly fried, with a salad on top and salty notes from pecorino, it can't be beat.
- Get the Grilled Beef Sirloin & Arugula Salad with mushroom vinaigrette and parmigiano reggiano
- Definitely eat at the bar. Great conversations, great crowd.
- Looking for a great dessert place? This place has been offering great food to New Yorkers for nearly three decades. Certainly try their Pumpkin Cheescake, every bite is worth it.
- Danny Meyer's original Union Square restaurant, still a very fine place for a meal after 25 years in business.
- The service was incredible! I would aslo reccommend trying the Roasted Pork Dish, it was delicious!
- N-Sider favorite: Make sure and order the Banana-Pretzel Cream Pie with Calvados Caramel and Milk Chocolate Ice Cream. It will blow your mind!!!
- Make sure to ask for the bone marrow mashed potatoes. You'll shed a tear.
- Polenta ravioli. Insane.
- Great seats at the bar early.
- I love eating at the bar. It is so much more lively.