33-19 Broadway (at 34th St.)
New York, NY 11106
- Chef Michael Ginor goes Greek at Uncle Georges.
- be ignored by the staff for being gay. worst place in Astoria, hands down. Terrible staff and management.
- Totally agree. The staff was incredibly rude and the food was disgusting and literally dripping with grease. Don't go here unless you want to be ignores while having a heart attack!
- Try the spaghetti & meat sauce YUM!
- Service has never been good and the food is never amazing but it's cheap and an Astora institution. Nasalgia goes a long way. Good for late night if you can deal with a rude waiter. Push back.
- looks like they are closed.
- Good food, decent prices (great for gyro and souvlaki platters). Male servers aren't rude, they're just curt. I agree it's probably just the culture since many Greek men I know are like that.
- Terrible staff, not friendly. Food is ok, don't waste your time
- Greasy food, badly cooked, and the staff ignores you.
- A former neighborhood staple. A shame it closed. We loved their stuffed eggplant and all the family style specials they brought out on occasion.
- Lemon potatoes. Are great there
- I love uncle george's
- A pretty basic place. Not the greatest but far from the worst. Don't get too fancy. Service has never been an issue for me.
- I love this place. Food is very good. I don't understand others for saying they are rude-it's a different culture and their way of talking does not make them rude. Had a great experience myself.
- Don't eat here. The meat was charred and crispy on my gyro platter at Uncle Georges; it was awful. Save your time & $$. Opa, under the 30th ave subway stop, is 20x better and has lower prices.
- Nice spread, good food!!
- Have come here with a boatload of dykes, and have always had good food and decent attentive service.
- Food is decent for the price but the service is horrible!
- The calamari is a huge serving, try with the lemon potatoes!!!
- Amazing burger and lemon potatoes and never had such garlicy tsadiki in my life. Always awesome. Oh, and great octopus.