The ultimate bucket list trip for the food and wine lover is just a winning entry away thanks to LAN Airlines and Turismo Chile. They have partnered with equally delicious sponsors such as Culture Xplorers and Wine.com for the “Chile à la Carte Sweepstakes.”
Chile is as well known for its culinary and wine scene as it is for its spirit of adventure. The promotion showcases award-winning Chef Carolina Bazan, wines found in Chile - such as sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, syrah, and award-winning carménère. These wines mix perfectly with Chilean erizos al matico (sea urchins), as well as a variety of empanadas you’ll find throughout the country.
Additional sponsors of “Chile à la Carte” Eagle Creek, Santa Rita, Toad&Co, and Wine.com are onboard to help make this nine-day culinary focused trip for two to Chile the ultimate foodie prize. The adventure includes:
Mouth-Watering 9-Day Journey to Experience the Wonders of Chilean Cuisine and Culture
- Roundtrip economy class flights via LAN Airlines for two people from anywhere in the continental United States
- Two days at an eco-lodge on Chiloé Island. Activities will include kayaking, horseback riding, and a visit to the Dalcahue market
- A private cooking class with Carolina Bazán, Master Chef at Ambrosia Restaurant in Santiago, followed by a dinner for two at Ambrosia as Chef Bazán's guests
- Two nights at Casa Real, right on the estate at the Santa Rita winery in the Maipo Valley. The stay includes an ultra-premium tasting tour at Santa Rita
- Two days at the UNESCO port town of Valparaíso
- Six outfits (three per person) from Toad&Co
- A case containing a selection of Santa Rita Wine
- A $250 gift certificate from Wine.com
- Travel gear for two from Eagle Creek
The Chile à la Carte contest begins at 2:00 p.m. EST on February 1, 2016. Entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. EST on March 4, 2016.
Enter at http://www.lan.com/onlyinsouthamerica/chilealacarte. Only one entry per person is permitted.
Follow the hashtags #VisitChile and #Chile and visit the Turismo Chile Facebook page to keep up with the contest and everything that Chilean culture, food, and wine has to offer.