Three times a week, The Daily Byte rounds up stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• Reinvented and grown-up Thai Food, in hyped-up Portland restaurant Pok Pok (above, right). [Pastry Prose]
• Wander around an outdoor market in Taipei. [I Want to Eat Something Delicious]
• Ramen and ice cream in a new Chicago establishment, Slurping Turtle. [I Like to Eat]
• Foldable rainboots to pack on all your culinary adventures. [A Cup of Jo]
• Major food porn at Seattle's Canlis restaurant, with gorgeous dishes like "dry-aged New York, cauliflower, black trumpet mushrooms." [Seattle Food Geek]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.