Nutrional information per serving:
282.2 cal; 9.3 g fat; 1.7 g saturated fat; 23.7 g carbs; 1.4 g sugar; 4.7 g dietary fiber; 28.7 g protein
- 5 Cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 5 white corn tortillas (6"), sliced into 1/3" strips
- 12 Ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 canned chipotle pepper, sliced, or 2 tablespoons hot salsa
- 3/4 Cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 Cup chopped avocado
- 1/4 Cup fresh cilantro leaves
In a large, heavy saucepan over high heat, cover the broth and bring to a boil.
Meanwhile, scatter the tortilla strips on a toaster oven tray. Toast, turning the strips occasionally, until golden-brown in spots, about 5 minutes. Remove the tray from toaster oven and set the tortilla strips aside.
When the broth boils, add the chicken, chile pepper, and tomatoes and return to a boil. Remove from the heat. Divide the tortilla strips, avocado, and cilantro leaves evenly among four bowls, mounding them in the center. Ladle the soup into bowls.