This dive bar burnt down twice, but it is still up and running! Made of the remains of the bar's of the past and some tarps, Tom's Burned Down Café still serves up pizza, has live music, and serves up some signature cocktails. With happy hours that change up weekly, and a mix of locals and visitors, Tom's is a great place to visit for a drink with a view.
Tom's Burned Down Cafe
234 Middle Rd (at Bell St)
La Pointe, WI 54850
- When you see this place from the street, you'll want to drive right past. Don't! You won't experience another place like this. Take the time to read the signs and explore.
- Take your shake of the day! $$$
- You can shower in the ladies' room for $2. Bargain!
- Don't confuse Tom's with a pile of trash. Or do, whatever.
- The bloody marys are really good
- You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!
- Island Rum Punch
- The service is spot on.
- I felt like a tourist, but it was worth it.
- You can't come to Madeline Island and NOT visit Tom's a time or two, or three. Cash only!
- You must stop here! An outside bar that is the most unique bar you could imagine.
- Great time with the family
- Animals are welcome! (sometimes). Definitely an experience that you need to do! Bring a Sharpie (but don't let Tom see :P)
- One of a kind. Don't miss this place when you're on the island.
- Bring extra underwear
- Everything is good, but leave a tip.