Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier
209 West Washington Square (btwn Walnut & South Washington Square)
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- "Pssst! His name is Larry Thompson. Thanks for your service to this great nation, Larry." - Conan O'Brien
- Single grave marker for the thousands of soldiers buried in washington square who died during the revolutionary war. Its a moving tribute
- Clean park with great scenery
- Really simple, fascinating example of many generations adding their own honors to George Washington to create a great, modest memorial that says as much about the man as the people.
- Watch out for Leah, the ghost known to haunt this monument...