A Toast to Summer: 5 Refreshing Green Drink Recipes
Get ready to celebrate the summer with these five delicious and eco-conscious summer cocktail ideas. All the organic and local ingredients you need are fresh, ripe and ready for summer.
- 1 bottle of organic or fair trade red wine
- 1 cup of 4 Copas tequila
- 1/2 a cup of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed organic lime juice
- 1/2 a cup of brown organic sugar
- Sliced watermelon to taste
Kiwi Fruit Cocktail
- 2 cups of ice
- 3 large ripe kiwi fruits, peeled
- 3 oz Papagayo Organic White Rum
- 1 lime, finely grated rind and juiced
- 10 oz water (for lime syrup)
- 3 tbs organic sugar
- 1lime, finely grated rind and juiced (for lime syrup)
Make a syrup by combining water, sugar, rind and juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir regularly. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Cool. Pour into a heatproof container and chill. Place the chilled syrup, rum, ice cubes, kiwi fruit and extra lime juice into a blender. Serve immediately.
Pink Lemonade Jello Shots
This clever no-waste recipe is perfect for a summer party!
- 12 whole organic lemons
- 1 cup pink lemonade
- 2 packages plain gelatin
- 1 cup 360 Vodka
Cut the lemons in half. Scoop out the insides. Add the lemonade to a saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the juice. Let it sit for 2 minutes. Heat the lemonade over low heat, stirring, until the gelatin has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Stir in the organic vodka. Pour into the lemon halves and refrigerate for 4 hours.