Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Market & Food Centre
Market, Food Court
210 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh
- The one and only fruit stall in the hawker, always drink their apple juice, no water added for such a big cup, $2 only!
- Chai tow kway (fried carrot cake). Lee Ta #01-67 & Good Luck BBQ #01-13. Both stalls serve tasty CTK. LT is old skool with notable chai por (chopped fermented radish). GL is yummy fr 1st mouth
- Shun Li Prawn Noodles(#01-36), Serangoon Garden Fried Prawn Noodles(#01-19), Shen Pin Xiang BBQ(#01-70), Hai Kee Seafood(#01-18), Zheng Xing Fried Kway Teow Mee(#01-35) highly recommended!
- Dun be misled by the ocassional queue at Lee Ta Carrot Cake. Smells good but doesn't taste good.
- The food at the hawker centre part was nice, the stall vendors at the wet market are friendly and kind
- Western food here is awesome! I tried the chicken chop and damn I love the sauce! Try it!
- If You Are Sick Of 'Good Stalls Tips' Tip: Ocean Curry Mixed Rice (nice but overpriced), Char Kway Teow (inside corner stall, usually good - take white version)
- Good popiah here.
- Fried Hokkien Mee. Serangoon Garden Fried Hokkien Noodle 01-52 serves the real deal. Wet & aromatic. Whole prawns. Slices of squid & boiled pork. Punchy chilli sauce. Crunchy fried pork lard cubes
- Beef noodles is very good
- Prata. Toa Payoh Prata Corner #01-62 prepares decent pratas. Crispy & flaky on the outside, chewy inside. Order the plain "kosong" ones (with mutton curry) to fully enjoy its flavour & fragrance
- San Yuan Gourmet's Dry Mee Sua! Nice!
- Nice carrot cakes!!
- Try the Lor Mee next to the economic bee hoon stall. Sells porridge in the day and Lor Mee at night.
- Decent pan fried dumplings here ! Prepared on the spot by 2 Chinese ladies
- During staying in Singapore, I used going there to have supper alone. Every shop has delicious food, especially popiah, carrot cake.
- Heng Kee prawn noodle is nice!!! #01-40
- Auntie at 01-35 Char Kway Teow store is very rude..
- Serangoon Garden Fried Prawn Noodle is delicious! Nicely cooked, and ingredients are very fresh!
- The seletar mee hoon kuay at #01-05 damn shiok ah!! Must buy!! Too bad most of the time afternoon sold out.