Oh my goodness!! That is just one of the many things I can say about this Three Cheese Crispy Chicken. It is divine and because I could not stop eating it last night I am going to have to add a little more to my workout this morning. Even my picky son could not get enough of this!! There is just something really special about crispy pan fried chicken smothered in a rich creamy three cheese sauce. I make the sauce from scratch because this is just one of those recipes that would be shattered by cheap jarred soup or jarred cheese sauce. Sometimes you just got to step a little bit out of your comfort zone and make something that you can remember for weeks. I am not kidding this is one of those recipes that you dream about while you are supposed to be working…it is just that good!
Have you ever noticed that so many great dinner recipes are chicken? It is so versatile and there are so many things that you can do with it. I would have to say that at our house we eat chicken at least three nights a week. Anything from simple grilled chicken tenders marinated in a little Italian dressing to Chili Sauce Chicken Stir Fry to Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole!!! So many greats and so little time. Currently I would put this Three Cheese Crispy Chicken in my top ten!!
Three Cheese Crispy Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half horizontally
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Wondra flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack shredded
- 1/2 cup Provel ropes or Provolone shredded
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar shredded
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place panko bread crumbs on shallow plate. Add Cajun seasoning and stir carefully with fork to combine. Place flour on separate shallow plate. Beat egg and 2 tablespoons milk in wide bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture then in flour. Back in egg mixture then in panko bread crumbs. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Heat large skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add 2 chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on both sides. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter and cook second batch of chicken breasts. Remove to plate and put in oven on low to keep warm. Do not cover.
- Wipe the pan clean with paper towels. Melt two tablespoons butter in skillet over low heat. Slowly whisk in flour and continue whisking for approximately 1 minute. The flour/butter mixture should be lightly bubbling. Slowly add milk whisking constantly until thickened and creamy; approximately 5 minutes. Turn heat down very low and and slowly whisk in cheese. Continue whisking until all cheese has melted and is smooth and creamy.
- Spoon over crisp chicken and serve immediately.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes0.1http://www.smalltownwoman.com/three-cheese-crispy-chicken/wk_bootstrap();
Other delectable chicken recipes!
Cheesy Chicken Parmesan
Chicken & Dumplings
The post Three Cheese Crispy Chicken appeared first on Small Town Woman.